July 13, 2010

TELL THE WIFE

You know what,
I'd rather tell her
I’ve been running around
Carousing with loose women
Drinking myself stupid
Tripping old ladies on the sidewalk
Kicking our dog
And firing rocks at strays

I’d rather wear a tuna suit
in an alley full of cats
Tell her I’ve been to the moon
Joined the Navy to see the world
Been called to fight on a foreign shore
Got abducted by aliens
Ate the last piece of pie
Put back the soda with one swig left
Left the seat up again
Took up a killer addiction
Lost the rent money playing pinochle

Oh, God,
I'd rather tell her anything
Anything at all,
Than tell my wife
I’ve been canned

- By Anthony Buccino
From CANNED - Booted, bumped, down-sized, fired, forced out, hated, hired, jobless, laid off, let go, out of work, out-sourced, pink-slipped, terminated, sacked, unemployed
Copyright © 2010-2014 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved.
******************