July 30, 2010

LAUGHTER

I like the sound of the word fronds
I think, though, it should end in a Z
And all I can think of
is a palm frond.
I suppose you can hold a frond
in your palm
without saying you're holding
it in the palm of your hand.
After all, where else do you
have palms?
You have balls on your feet
But are there palms on your feet too?

I like the sound of the word balms
and the way it ends in a closed mmm
like some thing you ate that tastes too good
for words and all you can say is mmm
and soothes you like, well, like a balm

I like the sound of the word laughter
although I think it should own an F
in there some where.
It reminds me of living happily ever after
but when you change one letter
it changes to a sound like water
(at least, where I come from, it does.)
I know laughter and daughter
and I like the sound of each
in its way to make me smile.

AMERICAN BOY PUSHING SIXTY
- By Anthony Buccino
Copyright © 2010 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved.